Chili’s copycat recipe made at home with an amazingly creamy melt-in-your-mouth alfredo sauce. And you know it tastes so much better!
This Copycat Chicken Pasta tastes exactly like Chili’s. It has savory pasta mixed with delicious pasta sauce. The pasta is loaded with the flavors of seasoning spices and parmesan cheese. The tender and juicy chicken are placed on top. The chicken is filled with the flavors of Cajun spices and butter. It’s served with diced tomatoes and more grated parmesan cheese.
Since we started Gate Guarding we don’t have the option to go out to eat much. Our schedule has us tied to the RV pretty much 24/7. With that, we cook at home and are always looking for ideas to keep our menus fresh and appealing. Recently we added Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta to our rotation. We’ve enjoyed Chilli’s a number of times, particularly the 2-for $25 meal deal where you could get an appetizer and 2 dinners for $25. I would usually get Margarita Grilled Chicken and Lisa would get the Cajun Chicken Pasta. Both are nice hearty meals.
Note: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links.
GoFullTimeRVing.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases linking to Amazon.com and affiliated links. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase, we may get a small commission and you may get a great bargain. You don’t pay anything extra by purchasing through these links. It’s a win-win all around. See our Full disclosure for more info. Thank you!
- Prep the Chicken: Rinse the chicken in water and put it in a large resealable bag. Add the cajun seasoning and shake to coat thoroughly.
- Cook Pasta: Boil water and cook pasta of choice per package directions.
- Cook the Chicken: In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Turn the chicken occasionally to create the perfect crispy, golden brown layer, and cook the chicken all the way through (at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit). Make sure to check with a knife to make sure it is no longer pink.
- Make the sauce: When the chicken is almost done, in a saucepan combine the heavy cream, 2 Tbs butter, lemon pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. When the cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and remove it from the heat stirring well.
- Cut the Chicken: Once the chicken is cooked, cut thin strips on the cutting board. (We use Chicken Tenderloins so we skip this step.)
- Plate it up: Spoon the pasta onto a plate and top with chicken, diced tomatoes, and parmesan. Sprinkle with more cajun seasoning if desired! Best when served with a side of Texas garlic toast.
When we cook normally we make enough so we have leftovers. This meal is amazing when hot out of the pot. But it doesn’t do well as leftovers.
Our Cookware and Utensils
We use Magma Cookware for most of our indoor cooking. It works great on our induction cooktop.
Living in an RV most of our cookware is space-saving designs. One company that makes a lot of items we find useful is Joseph Joseph. They have a large selection of products that save space in our RV kitchen. For this meal, we used their cutting board set and knives.
Chili’s Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Magma Cookware
- Joseph Joseph Cutting Board
- Joseph Joseph Knife
- 2 Chicken Breasts We use a pack of Chicken Tenderloins
- 4 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 4 tbsp Butter or Margerine
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream We add an extra cup
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 oz Penne Pasta Cooked and Drained We use a whole 16 oz package
- 2 Roma Tomatos Diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese fresh shredded, to taste We use packaged shredded parmesan cheese.
- Cook Penne Pasta per package directions. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken in water and put in a large resealable bag. Add the cajun seasoning and shake to coat thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Turn the chicken occasionally to create the perfect crispy, golden brown layer and cook the chicken all the way through (at least 165 degrees fahrenheit). Make sure to check with a knife to make sure it is no longer pink.
- When the chicken is almost done, in a saucepan combine the heavy cream, 2 Tbs butter, lemon pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. When the cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and remove from heat stirring well.
- Once chicken is cooked, cut thin strips on cutting board. We use Chicken Tenderloins so we don't have to slice the chicken
- Spoon the pasta onto a plate and top chicken, diced tomatoes and parmesan. Sprinkle with more cajun seasoning if desired! Best when served with a side of Texas garlic toast.
If you want to skip the restaurant, but not the food, then make this delicious creamy cajun chicken pasta for your family and you will have one of the best copycat Chili’s recipes.
Have you made Chili’s Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta? What’s your favorite copycat recipe? We’d love to hear your thoughts, questions, or comments below.
If you’re looking to build your own home-based business like we have with this webpage, check out Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform that you can build your whole affiliate marketing business on. It combines training, software, and website hosting into one. This makes the whole process of starting an online business from scratch much easier, especially if you’re new to building a website.